Die2Nite is a game of survival set in a hostile world inhabited by the living dead.
The players (or citizens) are divided into groups and are allocated a small town where they must organise themselves each day in such a way as to survive as long as possible against these beings. The last remaining survivor will become the Hero of the town.
Objective n°1: Explore and equip
During the day, citizens can leave the relative safety of the town to explore the desolate wastelands of the World Beyond to find weapons, materials and food.
Objective n°2: Defend against the hordes
Every day at 23h00 (server time), the hordes of living-dead attack the town! Objects found during the day can be used to build defences and protect your home.
Objective n°3: Help one another and survive...
Objects and materials found by the citizens can be shared. Maybe your neighbour found the screw you need to fix your chainsaw? Your survival depends on your ability to organise yourself and make the most of the community's resources...
What should I be doing each day?
There are several tasks to carry out each day in Die2Nite.
- Read the newspaper: It will give you a rundown of yesterday's events!
- Collect your water ration from the well: You can't live without it.
- Explore the World Beyond: Go scavenging in the desert and bring back any useful objects.
- Participate in construction projects: Join in discussions and cast your vote on construction projects and building upgrades.
- Get active on the town forum: organise yourselves and survive.